Friday, June 13, 2008

Our Field Trip

You know, field trips in Japan are much different than the ones in America.

They're a lot more low-key, and don't necessarily have to do anything with learning objectives as much as just getting out of school. They are not limited to number, but how much money is available (which allows most grades to take 2 or 3 a year).

This year our second and last field trip was to the Nagoya City Science Museum. A week later, as I am reflecting, I am still having a hard time deciding what was the best part?

Was it the students' enthusiasm to learn about Pterosaurs?


Was it the amount of inferential thinking I had to use since EVERY sign that talked about the exhibit was in Japanese?

Was it that for the first time in almost 6 months I found Diet Coke in the vending machine?

Was it the nap I got to take on the ride home?

or,

Was it that my teaching assistant, Mrs. Adachi, had a backpack that said the word 'bitch' on it?



I mean, really, these are tough calls. I just can't decide...

No comments: