Top Ten Reasons I Love Iowa:
10. Running through the corn and screaming at the top of your lungs is really as fun as it looks on tv.
9. Getting beat by one grandpa in cards is just as fun as getting beat by the other grandpa in golf.
8. Driving time from East Des Moines to West Des Moines? 20 minutes flat, no matter what time of day.
7. White trash.
6. So what if the I-Cubs are only Triple-A? The nachos are good...
5. Family, friends, and old flames.
4. Home-ade-ice-cream (and lots of it!).
3. Two words: severe weather.
2. Watermelon is much more fun to eat now that I've learned the adult
truth that the seeds won't ACTUALLY grow in my stomach.
1. Mmmmmm.... bacon.
Saturday, July 07, 2007
This is my baby cousin.
He's SUCH a cutie. He has a great mommy who happens to be one of my best friends (making me a bit partial). He's such a good boy - he hardly cries and always smiles. He's super strong and super smart already. He comes from good stock, I reckon...
We loves to listen to Raffi sing 'Five Little Ducks' at Barnes and Noble. He'll be a Starbucks junkie before you know it, if I have anything to say about it.
I've always disliked it when people dote on their family babies, but never mind that.
He's worth it.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Today's blog is brought to you by the number 1776 and the letters USA.
Happy 231st birthday, America!
Today one of my former kiddos, Lauren, invited me to come and sit at her house for the Waukee parade. Her house is right on the route (pronounced 'root'), so it was a great view. When I arrived, she and her mom had made a sign that said 'Welcome back, Miss Foreman!' I joked that if they would have had a convertible, I could have ridden in the parade and threw out candy.
In the night I went to my very first Cubs game of the season with my pa. We had a blast. We swore and cheered and spit and burped. I had my first nachos with runny yellow cheese, which was TO DIE FOR. The 12 year-old who made them must have figured I hadn't had nachos in awhile, as he loaded them high with lots of goodies. Yummy yum...
Any celebration is a good reason to eat nachos.
Happy birthday, America.