Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another day, Another (50) dollar(s)...



Today's trip to the supermarket was again an expensive one. Although I don't love to cook, I don't mind cooking for others, and of the three things I know how to make, Mexican is one of my favorites.

Tonight I went and bought a few staple items, pictured below, to make quesadillas and guacamole, as well as the pre-purchase of some items for next week's Thanskgiving feast.. The cost for the items you see came to 5,015 yen (roughly USD$50).

Here is a quick breakdown on a few of the items I bought:

I bag of Hershey's Kisses: 788 yen (USD$8)
2 cans of refried beans: 473 yen each (USD$9.50 for two)
1 can of evaporated milk: 789 yen
3 avocados: 330 yen each (USD$10.50 for all three)

Shopping here is a real, real, real big budget dropper.

No comments: