Thursday, August 28, 2008

Interesting

To say that I have a completely different class of learners this year (compared to the cherubs I had the privilege of teaching last year) would be the understatement of the century.

But, in an effort to follow my new routine of 'no criticism, no complaining, no condemning' as well as 'positive mental attitude', I will try to explain my situation this year, to you, as light-heartedly as possible.

My new class is very interesting.

I don't think they'd be quite so 'interesting' if I hadn't have had a class of absolute angels last year. Smart, kind, caring, friendly angels. Angels whose new teachers (and anyone else who is fortunate enough to walk in to the third grade class during work times) say nothing but good things about what 'thoughtful readers', 'smart kids' and 'independent workers' they are (thank you very much to the EXCELLENT teaching they had last year, if it may be mentioned here!)

My new class is just so interesting.

I don't think they'd be quite so 'interesting' if I hadn't have been spoiled last year wtih kids who really listened, who worked hard, who followed the rules, and who had great respect for their teacher (thank you very much to the EXCELLENT teaching and modeling they had last year, if it may be mentioned here!).

So this year, I am just 'lucky' enough to have kids who are 'interesting'. There is really no other way to describe it.

And so, I hope that I have accurately conveyed to you, without uttering a single word of negativity, just now 'nice' my class this year really is...

No comments: