Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Future...

A couple of weeks ago after catching up on my blog, my friend Tera wrote "I loved reading your blog about Mary leaving, but what will you miss when you leave New Zealand?"

So, I thought it would be fun to make a list. A predictive list of what I think I'll miss (and what I won't)...

I'll miss:
*pie
*SPQR
*aioli
*Nay Nay
*eating foccacia and aioli with Nay Nay at SPQR
*pineapple lumps
*rugby
*the scenery
*wooden floors
*not wearing shoes at school (never thought I'd admit to that one...)
*the weather
*accents
*Ponsonby
*dollar coins
*hanging my clothes out to dry
*kids calling band-aids 'plasters'
*not seeing SUVs
*flavored canned tuna
*Richmond Road Primary School
*the Auckland skyline
*rounding all payments to the nearest $0.10
*public transportation

I will NOT miss:
*the non-existant shelf-life of bread
*non-refrigerated eggs
*paying $13 for People magazine
*drama (Kiwis LOVE drama)
*not having heat or a/c
*the cost of toiletries
*Foodtown
*Ponsnobbies
*Auckland drivers
*the cost of living and the price of the dollar

I'll look forward to coming home to:
*Target
*fountain pop
*calling pop 'pop'
*The Gap
*sherbet
*diet cola
*cinnamon rolls in a can
*grocery shelves LINED with choices
*Old Navy
*seeing baby Corbin

No comments: