If you're a fan of Facebook, you'll remember that before all of the 'What kind of (insert anything here) are you?' and 'Pick your top five (insert anything here)' quizzes started taking over the site, people all over the world were keen to write 25 things about themselves and post it, followed by a mass chain e-mail to 25 friends to try to get them to do the same.
Now, don't tell anyone, but, at the time I created a copy on my desktop and started writing. I figured that whenever I thought of something good, I could add it until I truly had 25 random things. But, although the list changed many times, I couldn't bring myself to post it. Jono once noted that this kind of thing is a bit 'self-indulgent', which I actually of agreed to. But, it's also a bit fun, and a bit random, and in the right place, worth sharing.
So I am compromising and posting it anyway, but not for everyone to see. If it's here, only those who really care and want to read it can. It was fun to write, and I relished the opportunity to be a bit random, which is something I don't do very often.
And now I present to you, 25 things about Wendy. I'd be interested to hear which ones shocked you the most!
1. My favorite song from childhood was 'We Built This City' by Starship. And while we're on the topic of childhood memories, I'll cross the line by telling you that the first sex-scene I remember was from the movie Top Gun. I remember that it made me feel very uncomfortable to watch.
2. I've lately come to think that when I complain, the Universe reacts by making the situation worse. Therefore, I am learning, quite through experience, not to complain. Otherwise, I've truly begun to believe that cosmic revenge is going to kill me one of these days.
3. With the exception of purple and orange, I have at least one pair of shoes in every color.
4. My favorite number is 4. I secretly use it everywhere. Mike has even figured out that whenever I say, 'ok, guys, pick a number between 1-10' that it is always 4. And therefore, he always wins.
5. Unless I am VERY impressed by a performance, I will rarely clap. It's not because I'm a jerk (well, that's a lie, I am a bit hard to please sometimes), but that I am really just a bit lazy.
6. It only took me 6 weeks to learn to read basic Japanese characters.
7. I couldn't think of anything to write for number 7.
8. The further away from my mother I am, the better along we get. Put is in a room together, though, and ask us to try to work a problem together, and it's all downhill from there.
9. My large eyes start conversations everywhere - with boys, small children, taxi drivers, whoever.
10. I am not even a little bit embarrassed to admit that I do not like showering, and that I do it less than most people.
11. The best advice I've ever received was from a 6-year old child, who wrote in response to the following question: 'To save the planet I can...'.
1. Always keep it clean
2. Pick up trash
3. Make love and good friends
12. I love grapes but hate raisins. I love pickles but hate cucumbers.
13. Whenever I go to Mc Donalds, I always order a Happy Meal. I find it's just the right amount of food, toys, and happiness.
14. I will, under no circumstances, eat red frosting.
15. I think I have discovered the three secrets to successful weight loss. First of all, a good heartbreak will for sure do the trick every time. But, if that's not in your plans (and let's hope it's not), try cutting out dairy and eating your last meal before 5pm. I swear, all three (especially in combination) work miracles.
16. I hate being left out. Hate, hate, hate. Whether it's an inside joke, a trip to the supermarket, or about a weekend away, I hate it. It is my deepest fear, and I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very sensitive about it.
17. I am very easily annoyed and have many pet peeves, the greatest of which is people who don't follow through on what they say they'll do. People who make mouth noises when they eat and drink would be a close second. The man sitting next to me at the coffee shop right now has received many an evil-eye for it, too.
18. Please don't make fun of me. I hate being the fool. If you are mean to me, I won't like you for a very long time.
19. I have a higher credit score than is probably possible. I am shocked every time I get it checked. Wanna buy a house? Have me be your co-signer and you're set...
20. I am obsessed with sticky notes. In my wallet, all over my house, covering my classroom, and even on my computer. My last purchase for my classroom was $200 in sticky notes. And I am not even kidding.
21. I crave touch. I don't care who you are - just touch me already!??
22. I keep a carton of a half-dozen hard-boiled eggs in the fridge at all times - they are delicious and convenient for snacking.
23. If you ask me for the recipe of my peanut butter cookies, I won't really give it to you. I'll ACTUALLY give you a really good fake that I found somewhere online.
24. Sometimes I am incredibly indecisive.
25. I leave music playing in my apartment even when I'm not home, just for the lingering aura that I imagine it leaves.