Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Day 1



When it was time for the first day of school, I was ready...

My 14 students walked in. Little do they know that I was as frightened of them as they were of me.

Silly kids...

Here are a few things I learned about second graders today:
Even though they're 8, they still love to sing songs.
Even though they're 8, they love to give hugs.
They can read everything!
They are independent!
They are SO smart!

Photo: 2B - Ai, Alex, Bernardo, Brynne, Haruka, Hikaru, Jubei, June-Q, Keely, Mikaela, Nina, Shizuko, Sho, and Tereza.

I promised to memorize their names by the end of the day, which I did.

It was June-Q's birthday, so they learned the Beatles early.

All in all, it was a good day.

(And no, I haven't turned Japanese since coming - that's my teaching assistant Shuko in the photo...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you found so many great things about your kiddos...wouldn't expect anything less in you....always finding the "good" out of every situation...love you and miss you!-Tamara aka T